Do you want to build remote sensing solutions in an international scalable startup company in Norway?
Job title: Lead Remote Sensing Specialist
Dynaspace is a private Norwegian company, that uses satellite images, machine learning and artificial intelligence to provide timely and rich insights that help shrimp farmers, shrimp farming suppliers, importers and exporters, and authorities to gain advantage and maximize opportunities.
Dynaspace was founded in 2018, with offices in Marineholmen Science Park in Bergen. Dynaspace has 2 employees as of September 2019.
We offer a position as Lead Remote Sensing Specialist in our startup-company Dynaspace. You will join our team in analyzing and process satellite images that will be used to develop computer vision software to detect and process information about the shrimp industry. You will have end-to-end responsibility for complex projects that encompass the work of other engineers as well as your own development.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, physics, geomatics, geography, nature management, environmental planning or other relevant remote sensing science or engineering background. Relevant experience can make up for formal education.
- Experience with GIS, spatial analysis, statistics and remote sensing.
- Good scientific qualification in addition to methodological and technical qualification in spatial analyses, modelling and remote sensing.
- Experience with working on remote sensing datasets
- Modelling / geo-statistics and programming
- Language requirement: Fluent in English (both written and verbally)
Nice to haves:
- PhD in the mentioned disciplines
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python
- Experience with other programming languages.
- Experience from working in startup-environments.
- Language: Norwegian (both written and verbally)
- Organized and problem solving minded
- You have a positive attitude, are self-driven and open-minded
- You are good at presenting complex topics
- You can take a complex feature, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete it with relative ease
- You put the team first, and is respectful to different personalities and different points of view
What we offer:
- A great working dynamic environment in an enthusiastic and diverse team
- Flexible working hours
- Company shares and competitive salary
- Good pension and insurance benefits
- Location: Marineholmen Science Park, Bergen, Norway
- Contact person: Mats Heigre, Co-founder, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply to this job, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com, or contact Mats for questions.